Thursday 7 July 2011

One lifetime is not enough!

So much to see, hear, say & do!
One lifetime is not enough.
Is that why I am born a Hindu?

A child grows-up, surrounded by countless stimuli, picking and choosing what he/she needs to survive.
As consciousness and self awareness kick-in every new experience leaves its mark, embellishing or tarnishing this pure being.  Building memories, thoughts and  ultimately, character.

Why then do we, the guardians of these little treasures, overload them with our own pre-conceptions & experiences instead of listening to them; learning from them; being guided by them; protecting them through their first steps in this crazy world that we have created?  Are they not the closest beings to God?

Why then do we, in the twilight years of our lives, look back and remember the wasted potential, the missed opportunities the overspent resources, leaving us spent, exhausted and wishing for more time?

There is so much more one can do with this amazing life.  So many of us just stand in awe of it and miss the moment to 'act'. Others rush through and never even see what they are missing.  Finding a balance is the key.

My son & daughter feel that I have something to say and are encouraging me to blog.  So, guided my  cherished advisors, I am sharing some 'Reflections' with you.  Thinking aloud, so to speak!

I see it as 'forging' my thoughts in the fire of the Blog!

Measured and well-considered feedback is always welcome.

No comments: